The always entertaining and unpredictable Sled Island Rock Lotto will make its triumphant return on Saturday, November 18!
Join us at the Palomino Smokehouse, where we’ll bring together 25 musicians from various backgrounds and draw names from a hat to form one-off bands for one night only, with just 12 hours to write and perform new material!
This year, the event is focused on creating meaningful connections between musicians just starting their music journey in the city and artists more familiar with the Calgary music scene, with the goal of fostering a more diverse music ecosystem and increasing equitable access to creative opportunities for all.
UPDATE! Names have been drawn, bands have been formed, and we’re off to the races!
• Emerson Fraser
• Dempsey Bolton
• Samantha Savage Smith
• Tobi Sinclair
• Isabella Ríos (Bella Ríos / Katibala Music Project)
• Amy Nelson
• Jo Rose Papasin (jo.)
• Carlin Black Rabbit (No More Moments / Iron Tusk)
• Tissa Rahim
• Estefania Saldarriaga
• Max Appelt (Paloma Negra / Mera Reyes / La Santa)
• Daniel Baker (BRIDGELAND / Witch Victim)
• Jamie McNamara (BRIDGELAND / Witch Victim)
• Kate Stevens
• Hassan Rizwan (Madhuban Performing Arts)
• Gus Rendell (Cheer / Brain Bent)
• Yohan Mascarenhas (Madhuban Performing Arts)
• Partha Gouda (Madhuban Performing Arts)
• Michaela Gilchrist (Victrix)
• Tan Varma (Madhuban Performing Arts)
• sean beaver
• Aditya Chaudhuri (Madhuban Performing Arts)
Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. If you would like to attend but ticket prices are a barrier, please contact email@example.com.
Thanks to Calgary Arts Development for making this event possible!
This is an 18+ event.
Sled Island acknowledges Calgary as the traditional territory of the Blackfoot and the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut’ina and the Ĩyãħé Nakoda First Nations, including the Chiniki, Bearspaw and Goodstoney First Nations. Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.